Friday, August 30, 2019

Skylar's Diary - Day 31

It was an animated day at school, Dear Diary. This morning I put on Raven's sweater, as agreed, and I found that a pleasant start to the day. The very idea that I would wear something from a girl was exciting. And the fact that that piece of clothing belongs to Raven, made it even more fun. I was a little frightened by the potential reactions though, because everyone in the class knows that this sweater is Raven's. The sweater is also a bit girly, because it is so oversized. Too wide sleeves, and so long that it covers my butt. Well, girls like to exaggerate when it comes to their clothes, and I actually like that.


Raven had received one of my sweaters, a pretty ordinary sweater actually, in an ordinary color, with an ordinary length, and an ordinary cap, and an apple on the front. Boys only have ordinary sweaters. Boys never exaggerate, at least not when it comes to their clothes. But even though Raven wore an ordinary sweater, she looked attractive again. Actually, it doesn't matter what she's wearing. She always looks good.

Of course the first conversations at school were about Raven and me. Our friends were very excited, and came to congratulate us. We could both enjoy that. Devon also came to say that he was so happy for me. "You won the first prize," he said. There is something about that, because many boys think Raven is an attractive girl. And for the first time I was able to give Raven a hug in public.


Unfortunately, there were also incidents. The first happened in the hallway. I walked with Raven to the next classroom, and suddenly I got a push. I almost lost my balance. "Out of the way, sissy." It was Brandon, who bypassed us. Raven and I were too stunned to say anything. "Ah, don't bother," said Raven. I found it very annoying.

Afterwards, in Mrs. Liang's class, he did it again. I gave a correct answer to a question from the teacher, to which Brandon said just loud enough, so that everyone could hear it "Well done, sissy."  Several boys started chuckling. Again, I didn't know how to react, but I thought Mrs. Liang's reaction was brilliant. I found her calmness particularly impressive.

"Brandon, do you mind if I interrupt the lesson for a moment, and go into what you just said?"

"Of course not," said Brandon. Interrupting the lesson is a favorite pastime for students.

"Could you explain to us why you think Skylar is a sissy?"

"Well, look at what he's wearing. A girl's sweater."

"And do you have a problem with that?"

"Not in itself, but he does make a fool of himself."

"Just another question. Raven is wearing a boy's sweater, is she making a fool of herself?"

"Erm no, I don't think so."

"So women are allowed to wear men's clothes, but men are not allowed to wear women's clothes. Why is it, Brandon, that many people have such a problem with this? Could it be that the former is considered as an upgrade, and the latter as a downgrade?"

Brandon no longer knew what to say. Of course, he couldn't admit that women are inferior to men. Then Raven raised her hand.

"Yes, Raven," said Mrs. Liang.

"I have a question. For everyone actually, not just for Brandon. I wonder what's wrong with girls and women, so boys and men shouldn't resemble them."

Immediately there was a lot of buzz, and Mrs. Liang let it go. Then she summoned everyone to order.

"I notice that we have found a very interesting subject for a discussion. We're not going to discuss this today, because we all have to think about it first. I will prepare an assignment. And, Brandon, I hope you understand that your comment was very inappropriate."

Other than that, there were no incidents, but I still did not feel comfortable with them. All I did was wearing a girl's sweater. What if they had seen me at the wedding? How would they have responded to that? Again I started to question everything I was doing. Later, Raven saw that I was brooding, and of course she knew why.

"Skylar, I understand that it is very annoying for you. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea of mine after all."

"Raven, I love having your sweater on, I have absolutely no regrets about that. Brandon just ruined it a bit."

"Ah, he's just jealous."

"Why would he?"

"He knows that we are together now, and that's a disappointment for him. He has tried to hang out with me a couple of times, but I really didn't want that."

"Really? Does he have a crush on you?"

"I think so, so I understand that this is bad for him."

"Ha, then I've beaten him." Raven had to laugh, but she also said:

"Hey, I'm not a prey you can hunt, Mr. Competition!" And she poked me with her hip.

"Then he should have put on a dress," I continued. Now Raven gave me a slap, but no hard slap of course. We could laugh with it. After school I brought her back home, and we kissed. It has become a routine, a wonderful routine.

When I got home, I took off my long pants and put on a black legging, like Raven did today. In that outfit I just felt better. A bit more feminine. More feminine is better. I ate with my mother.

"Mom, I need to tell you something." I couldn't say this without smiling.

"Judging by your face, it's good news." My smile grew wider.

"Raven and I are together." Now mother brightened up completely.

"Oh, how nice for you. I think Raven is a very sweet girl. Is it her sweater you're wearing?"

"Yes, I wore it all day at school."

"How sweet. And I suppose you've had a lot of reactions?"

"Yes, especially positive."

"Negative too, then?"

"Yes, there is one guy in my class who is very annoying. He always makes shitty remarks when I do something that's just a little girly. Guys like him make me feel insecure."

"I understand that, Skylar. There are people in the world who aren't very nice. The best thing you can do is ignore them. Pay attention to the good things you see, and they will grow. Ignore the bad things, and eventually they will disappear."

I thought that was a good piece of advice from Mom.

In my room I went over the list again, because it was quite a while ago.




Number 2. Definitely by now. At the wedding party I felt beautiful, and I enjoyed that.

Number 3. I am still in doubt. I can't think of any good examples yet.

Number 6. Here I doubt too. Not that I do badly at school, but there is still room for improvement.

Number 8. Has actually always been true for me.

Number 9. I'm not a real talker, and I don't spend hours chatting online. Hm, so don't indicate yet.

Number 13. Should I indicate. Most of the boys are stronger than me.

Number 18. Well, I did it today.

Number 19. I need to think about it. Raven, that's easy, my apple sweater, a black legging, and I think red sports shoes. Mrs. Liang, a suit that resembles what I wore yesterday, but a bit more modest: a longer skirt, and with the shirt all the way up, no stockings, but heels. Devon, boring boys' clothes, long pants, a fortnite t-shirt, sneakers. Mother, a white silk blouse with butterfly sleeves, and a brown leather A-line skirt just over the knee, but at home she wasn’t wearing shoes. Oh, come on, number 19 applies to me.

Conclusion: I have many girl properties. A lot.

Skylar's Diary - Day 32

4 comments:

  1. Dear ukkiezorro, i was so surprised and so happy to see this latest chapter appear so quickly after the last. From time to time it does seem to me that you will need to take a hiatus from your wonderfully inspiring writing--this just has to demand so much of you in time and effort, however gifted and dedicated you are--but i do hope that you will NEVER abandon it. The importance of your literary contribution to a better human future is inestimable in my opinion. For me, these sweet and affirming stories are really a miracle. i am receiving them all with such RELIEF and JOY. Of course, i am thrilled for Skylar that he is increasingly at ease with his natural femininity and increasingly desirous of exploring his feminine side. As always, there are deft touches in this chapter, notably the appearance of Skylar's (for me somewhat obnoxious) "competitive" instincts and Raven's affectionate rebuffing of these (i am wondering how, when, if the other boys in Skylar's class might begin to "compete" with her femininity). i am also quite thrilled with the corollary of Raven's own liberation in expressing herself with well-humored assertiveness and her self-confidence in wearing "boy's" clothes. It is so true that girls / young women / women can and do look good in anything. i was also so thrilled to see that Skylar is beginning to be more fashion conscious and that he realizes that he really does like (and need) to make himself look prettier and that she has expressed her desire to explore the sensuality of feminine dressing in asking Riley to bring her some nice things to help her with this. Skylar is so blessed to be surrounded by understanding and supportive women. It is true, as it must be true, that his embrace of his "girl properties" has to be his choice, but it is so lovely, so comforting, so reassuring, to see how supportive Riley, his mother, Mrs. Liang, and Raven are towards her, and how encouraging they are of her continuing exploration of who he / she is and wishes to become. i am so looking forward to Riley's birthday party on Saturday. i am wondering how this might expand Skylar's social horizons. i am wondering when support and encouragement of Skylar's natural femininity might become a loving expectation of this from her. Oh, there are so many things to explore !!! Will Skylar discover that she wants to make her room a prettier feminine sanctuary (Category 3) and will she have to support of Riley and her mother and Raven in this. Already it does seem that she is taking better care of her things and already that she is establishing a feminine wardrobe. Will Skylar begin regularly to pay attention to her nails ??? Will Skylar gradually begin to explore and adopt makeup as part of her daily life and self-presentation ??? Will Skylar have her lengthening hair femininely styled ??? And receive praise (support and expectation) for this !!! Well, dear ukkiezorro, i am wandering everywhere here and am feeling so thrilled with everything that you are presenting with such sensitivity and nuance. i shall reread all of your fabulous stories from the beginning and shall share my enthusiasm for them with my girlfriends in the coming days. In the meantime, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!! Thank you for providing such a beautiful vision of what my own girlhood could have been, and what many girls today may indeed find to be increasingly so joyously accessible as they explore and confirm their femininity and new possibilities for new, more satisfying, and happier roles in a better society !!! With my warmed and warmest heart's most grateful love O O x x O O Laurianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for being my best supporter, Laurianna. Your questions of course make me wonder what the answer would or could be. For some I know the answer, for others I'm not sure yet. Future posts will reveal this. At some point, however, Riley's story will end, that is, as a story. Of course his/her life will go on, but at some point I want a finale. Anyway, today you can read what Riley brought, and how Skylar experienced it. I hope you enjoy reading it. xxx ukkiezorro

      Delete
  2. Dear ukkiezorro, Skylar's story, as a story, will have to have an end, i know, but i hope not too soon. There is so much more to explore in both its personal and social dimensions. And it is so important !!! And you write so well, with such sensitivity and nuance and truth !!! i am too particular and perhaps demanding in some of my prospective comments, i know. All i can really say is THANK YOU for the MIRACLE of these THRILLING and AFFIRMING stories !!! With all my warmest heart's deepest gratitude and love O O x x O O Laurianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Laurianna, since I still have quite some chapters in mind, though I think I'm beyond halfway now. And no, you're not demanding. I'm doing this not out of altruism, but as part of my own development. I really enjoy writing this story, and for the moment I still have a lot of energy. Oh, and I forgot to thank you for your willingness to share your enthusiasm with your friends. Please do so. If this story can make more people happy, then it becomes even more rewarding. xxx ukkiezorro

      Delete