Friday, August 2, 2019

Skylar's Diary - Day 7


Today was a day off. Riley has not come. Tomorrow school starts again, so I have prepared that a bit (nail polish off!). I also went to the supermarket with my mother, and I played online with friends. They asked me what I did last week, because I was so little online. I told them that I was working on something, but I couldn't tell them much about it yet. As if I would ever do that. That would kill me.

While shopping with mother we talked a bit. She said she shouldn't question me too much (instructions from Riley), but she still wanted to know how it went.

My mom
"Oh, it's not that bad."

"Is Riley nice?"

"Yes, she is. She always lets me try something new, but then I can choose what we do."

"Like that nail polish?"

Of course I couldn't hide that the last few days, but I didn't want to say too much about it.

"Yes, that was fun."

I think mom knows that I have to dress up too, but I didn't want to talk about that. I did say that maybe I should have my hair cut again, because my hair was getting really long.

"Tell me when you want to go, Skylar. Then I'll arrange an appointment."

The past week I have had a good understanding with my mother. We haven't been in a mess with each other. Of course I've also been busy with Riley a lot. It remains a very weird program, even though Riley has explained it a bit. I have to admit that my resistance has diminished. At times I enjoyed it. As long as it stays indoors.

To: Skilar's Diary - Day 8

2 comments:

  1. Our mothers are the most important people in our lives. i am so happy to see how harmonious Skylar's relationship with her mother has become after the disharmony to which reference is ever-so-lightly made in the previous chapters. We do look to our mothers for their all-encompassing love and for their examples in everything. Of course, so many boys do not enjoy this natural relationship and are pulled away from it and become angry and rebellious toward their mothers. Happily, this sorry state of affairs doesn't have to be !!! i LOVE this sequence of stories from ukkiezorro !!! O O x x Laurianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's wait and see how that relationship evolves...
      Thanks again for the encouraging words!
      xxx ukkiezorro

      Delete